Sunday 10 September 2017

Vintage and Metal

I think that I am hoping that if I do Christmas cards for challenges, then by December I will have made enough to give out!!!... I hate thinking of a theme for my Christmas cards, I love the process of making them, and once I have decided, I usually do them all the same, but this year I think they will be a miss match of all the ones I have already done.
Soooo... with that in mind, I have decided to make another Christmas card while entering the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and the topic is "Vintage" and also the Country View Crafts Challenge where the subject is "Metal".
I tried to make the frame metallic by painting the frame black, then adding gilding wax to it.
So, thats another Christmas card done, and in my favourite kinda style at the moment, recycled corrugated packaging. dont ya just love it when some of the supplies are for free!!!.

7 comments:

  1. I do love your corrugated backgrounds Jan, I've not used it for ages except to pack this out so always hidden, it gives an amazing effect and texture. Love how your Focal Angel is perched precariously in the frame, looks so effective. One more down for Christmas how many to go now??.. :))
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous !
    Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great way to get some very original Christmas cards made Jan. Your corrugated background works so well and your faux metal frame fits our metal challenge over at Country View perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jane my phone took the e off your name! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom startes her Christmas Cards now too, otherwise they will never be done! Great card lots of texture and layers... thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh I am the exact same way! Christmas gets here, and all of a sudden I find I need to buy cards (yikes) because I didn't get around to making them.... I am going to make a note to try doing one a month for 2018.... now back to your beautiful creation!! I love the layering on top of the corrugated paper and the sprinkles of paint.... beautiful done and I am sure will be treasured to whomever you give it to! thanks for joining in on our vintage challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - great start to Christmas. Thanks for joining in at CVC

    ReplyDelete