Thursday 28 May 2020

Dina's Birds

I took another one of Dina Wakleys online classes again , the title of the class was "birds of a feather", I have to say that when I knew that the subject was birds, I wasn't too enamoured, I'm not really a bird drawing fan, not that I have ever done it!!!...case in point!! But as I am now a fully fledged fan of Dina Wakley and her fabulous free and easy manner when it comes to doing art, I thought I would give it a whirl.
We had to print out several photo's of different birds and choose one we liked to carbon copy the outline onto our prepared backgrounds, easy so far!!!....but then we had to paint them using loose brush strokes and scribbly lines!!!...heck!!
Next it was time to draw our own bird after being given brief instructions on how to do this using sectioned boxes to get proportions right, and then once again, proceed to paint with free and easy brush strokes and scribbly lines. Well..Dina, you make it look sooooo easy, but can I heck emulate your style, of which I adore.
An artist once said.."you paint who you are"...well, I am definitely too anal, over cautious, trying to be perfect, scared of making a mistake....crikey, it is only a piece of paper, what the heck is wrong with me.
I am not saying I don't like my results, infact, I think they are pretty amazing considering I have never ever done a bird in my life...but why oh why do I feel the need to try and fill in every feather!!!!...grrrrr.....practice practice practice.
The bird on the right is the traced one, the bird on the left is my hand drawn one.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jane you make me wanna hug you even though i'm not aloud right now.. You really need to believe in yourself because you are a fabulous creative. Your prompt is magnificent in it's own right with a magnificent zest for life with those powerful colours, are they your own choice of colour palette because they ooze confidence. Your own hand drawn bird is so cute showing how you express with it's little head looking up as if for guidance but believe me lovely lady you are one hell of an artist. Be proud and let that confidence shine just like on the dance floor you've no need to tuck your head under your wing. Take a step back and see what you have created.. Stunning work Jane i'm so pleased I got to see these latest creations before bedtime. I hope you have these framed and on display..?!
    Take care of yourself & please share me some more soon Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete