Saturday 4 August 2018

The Leaf and the Ladybird!!

Hello all you fabulous crafters!!. here is my take on this months "Anything Goes" challenge over at The Artistic Stamper. But even tho it is an anything goes theme...hmmmmm...I have trouble when there is just too much choice and too many gorgeous stamps to play with!!
My piece today started off life as a gesso stamped image of a leaf from the SKELETON LEAVES stamp set, with inks sprayed on,  but... I just couldn't get along with it, so I cut out the leaf, crumpled it up a bit, stamped out the little ladybird from the INSECTS AND BUTTERFLIES stamp set, added some glossy accents to it then once dry, cut it out and glued it to the leaf. I then made a new nicer background with some inks and a calligraphy stamp, then added the leaf....result....happier me!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jane that ladybird is so sweet, the glossy accents really has brought it to life. You must have fabulous eyesight as it is so tiny but not for long if it's left alone upon that beautiful skeleton leaf.
    It's not easy when we are given so much choice with an anything goes but you've done a marvellous job Jane. I love it.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful , I love the darling little ladybird on the crumpled leaf. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card the leaf is gorgeous. The array of greens so effective and then that tiny dot of ladybird red sets it all off perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete