Thursday 8 May 2014

A Happy Hoedown Return...Yaaaaay!!


OH Hambo Hoedown!!!.....I have missed you sooooo.... but, Yaaaaaaay.....your'e back.!! The challenges are once a month, there are two free digis up for grabs so come and join in the fun of the new  Hambo Hoedown Challenge where this months theme is flowers.
Oooooohh I can't stop experimenting with mixed media backgrounds, they are so much fun to do, I admit I am not an expert yet like Dyan Reaveley, Magda Polakow, or France Pappilon (bowing down in admiration!!) but we all have to start somewhere eh!!.
I started the background of this card with a layer of crackle glaze, then spread on some cream acrylic paint, it is always magical to see the cracks appear!! then I stencilled on the honeycomb using acrylic paints, then outlining it with a charcoal pencil, added some painted drywall tape, then finished off with some sewing (my new love too!!).
The flower is the GERANIUM  digi image from Hambo Stamps

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card!! So beautiful! You are doing great with your mixed media - I bow down :)
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and your background is amazing (esp the honeycomb - so cool)! I know what you mean about the all-stars - they're some of my faves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card..love how you did the bkg. Adds such interest and so much texture...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so totally AWESOME! I apologize that I miss-typed your name on my blog, I have no clue where Jean came from. I have fixed it!!

    ReplyDelete