Wednesday 4 December 2013

Forever Friends!!

Today is the start of a new challenge over at the Hambo Hoedown, to make a winter bookmark. I used the SNOWMAN BIRD on one side, and the BOOKMARK-DISCLAIMER digi images. I am really getting into my acrylic paint effects at the moment so I decided to paint my own background, it is so much fun.  Here is a step by step of how I achieved this..

I started off by sponging Docrafts Lagoon acrylic paint onto my cardstock with some cut n dry foam.

Then I added some baby blue, blending it into the lagoon as I went down, then I sponged some white on the top and bottom, again blending lightly as the colors merged.








Next I stamped the TINY SNOWFLAKE with the pearl ice blue paint.


And finally gave it a spritz and a couple of flicks with the white paint,



I left my paper to completely dry then run it through the printer to print the bookmark disclaimer words, made my bookmark, added the painted paper to the reverse side, stuck on my colored snowman bird digi image, a die cut snowflake and some ribbon...et voila!!

Acrylics and paint effects are my new favorite..(this week!!)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how you did your background! It looks so awesome! Love this, Jane~!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! That tutorial was perfect - I am glad you did it too because I didn't all those steps coming! (Nothing hard but more than I realized :)) I can't wait to try it! Your coloring is of course great and the tassel is a neat touch!
    Love it!!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete