Friday 20 September 2013

WELCOME TO THE 80s!!!!!

Squeeee!!!!! I am sooo excited, I just love Hambo's blog hops, and today they are having one with an 80s theme,... well, that was my era (even tho I wished I was a 70s chick!, T Rex, Ziggy Stardust...I'm a sucker for a man who wears heavy make up!!), but like I said, 80s chick me, Wham, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Erasure, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Margaret Thatcher, 1984 pit strike...etc.
 Todays blog hop is called  "Hambo's Time Machine".  Hambo friends and the Bacon Bits Design Team are bringing you fun creations using a Hambo stamps image that depict something cool from the 1980's! It might be a favorite book, something in the news then, a fashion fad, a song, or something that really stuck out to us in looking back.  If you arrived here from  Hetty http://craftchaos.blogspot.com  you are in the right place, If not, you can start back at the beginning at the Hambo blog to make sure you are eligible for a hopper prize! which will be awarded to one participant whose time machine creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy, another prize will be awarded randomly to a hopper who comments on all of the blogs along the way. Winners will be announced on the blog, Talk to the Ham, on Wed, Sept 25, as well as at the Hambo Hoedown challenge blogthe deadline for prize entry comments is Sun, Sept 22 at 5 PM CST.

Anyway...onto my contribution...I was so spoilt for choice but I decided to go with the one film that comes to mind everytime I see the MAD SCIENTIST  digi image....can you guess which film I am talking about??....yes it is the 1983 film, The Man With Two Brains!! the fabulously funny Steve Martin plays the world's top brain surgeon, Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr  who pioneered the radical new cranial screw-top technique, but he grieves over the untimely death of his wife Rebecca. Thinking of her while driving home, he takes his eyes off the road and runs down the beautiful but deadly Dolores Benedict (Kathleen Turner). Hfuhruhurr performs surgery which saves her life, but as she recovers, he doesn't realize Dolores is a gold-digging vixen who has driven her latest husband to death by apoplexy. They marry, but Dolores denies her husband sexual favors, which frustrates Hfuhruhurr to distraction. He takes her on a belated honeymoon, where he meets a fellow brain surgeon who keeps an assortment of brains in his laboratory. Dolores takes the opportunity to have an extramarital affair, and when Hfuhruhurr finds out he dumps her. But in Necessiter's lab, Hfuhruhurr becomes attracted to Brain #21, Ann Uumellmahaye  with whom he communicates telepathically. At last, here is one case where a man loves a woman for her mind rather than her body, but Ann's brain is deteriorating rapidly; Hfuhruhurr needs to find a body and transplant the brain quickly in order to save Ann......and so the story goes on. I would highly recommend it. 

So now onto my creation.......

Here is my card,  I love it!  bragging I know, but I can't help it with this one!! don't you just love the cute but crazy scientist holding the brain in his hand, with all those blood splatters, I added some glossy accents to them so that they appear wet. He is my favorite and I am guessing you will see more cards made by me using him!!

You can purchase the digi image of him HERE

Now, after leaving me a bit of love, you can  swing on over to  Lisa's at  lisa-craft-blog.blogspot.com for another great trip down memory lane back to the 80's.

14 comments:

  1. Super card, with a super background! I loved the ad scientist, was't that so much fun?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I'd forgotten all about that movie! Great depiction of it, and your sentiment is hilarious! It looks like you had a lot of fun with the blood splatters, which scares me a bit! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I never saw that movie! I must catch up! Fun card...Love the "blood."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! This is one of my favorite Hambo images & I love how you've used it to depict the movie. Love the blood splatters too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa Love the sentiment! Great card Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! your card is perfect! All that blood and the sentiment - oh yeah you nailed it!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with Steve Martin in it; he's hilarious! Think I'm going to have to look for that movie, too. Your card is hilarious, too, especially the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I LOVE IT! I forgot about that movie. As I was reading your post, I kept thinking of the song S Martin sings to the brain. "If you lika me like I lika you, then we botha like the same." (that is from the movie right?) I love your blood splatter on the test tube background.

      Delete
    2. ahhh yes ur right Greg..(I have a huge grin on my face at the moment), and what about the part where the policeman stops him and makes him do a breath test!!!! sooooooo funny !!!

      Delete
  8. Your cards always bring such a smile to my face. This one is no different. So creative and clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That movie was hilarious!! My favorite Steve Martin movie!! What a great idea, your card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute sentiment. You do such great things with that scientist!! Love your idea~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Jane, would be a great halloween idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot about this movie! But you did a great job explaining it! I too think I would have loved being a 70's chick but the 80's is where I will stay... :) You chose a great image for this card Jane! I love those splotches!

    ReplyDelete