Wednesday 18 December 2013

Snow friend like you!!

Yippeeeee, It's time for a new challenge at Hambo Stamps and the Hoedown challenge this week is to use kraft card for your project!! Kraft card is fabulous stuff, rustic and fresh, I love it, it goes great with white, and as I am still enjoying using my acrylic paints I thought it would be a nice idea to have snowflakes with my winter scene, at first I was going to stamp them on, but as the trend at the moment is splatters and drips and splodges, I splattered the slightly watered down white acrylic paint onto my kraft card, I love the effect, so random, and perfect on the kraft colored background. I then printed off the SNOWMAN-BIRD digi image, colored his hat and scarf with promarkers and painted his body with the same acrylic white paint I had used for the snow, I know, he was already printed on white cardstock, but I wanted to add glitter to him, I then fussy cut him out.....cos that's what I do best!!!  I gave the torn paper snow on the bottom the same paint/glitter treatment, it is such a shame that you can't see how glittery it is in real life.


Sooooooo...get your kraft stash out and join in the hoedown fun. i would love to see your projects!!

No comments:

Post a Comment